ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees scheduling of assigned areas; expediting orders, adjusting schedules, and escalating issues to Operations Manager.
- Collaborates with customer service, production, and parts procurement to predict and prevent late deliveries.
- Regularly reviews new customer accounts with Sales & Customer Service to determine requirements and expectations. Ensures these expectations are met by collaborating with operations and support teams.
- Investigates customer complaints in collaboration with Customer Service and Quality, provides reports on root cause and recommends corrective actions to Quality Manager and Operations Manager.
- Participates in root cause analysis for quality problems, collaborates with teams to identify and implement corrective actions. Participates in continual improvement projects.
- Analyzes and recommends procedural and process improvements to continuously improve operations by maximizing efficiencies and maintaining or improving quality standards.
- Evaluates, assesses, and makes recommendations regarding the resources needed to execute new projects, including but not limited to timelines, key deliverables, quality standards, work instructions, training schedules, tools, equipment, physical space allocation, labor requirements, etc.
- Drafts a project schedule, with milestones, due dates and estimates for required materials then submits to Operations Manager or Project Manager for final review and approval.
- Assists Operations or Project Manager with preparing budgets, quoting and analyzing risks and opportunities; assists with reviewing contracts, delivery schedules, equipment and/or tools needed, staffing plans, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on key operations metrics for assigned production areas.
- Supports Sales team with the review and submission of bids for contracts, reviewing and providing guidance on customer inquiries, generating pricing information and generating reports as requested.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to determine training requirements for assigned areas and ensure training is maintained.
- Serve as a back-up for quoting, purchasing, and scheduling teams to support assigned areas.
- Participates in ongoing training and other company programs to develop job skills.
- Performs other duties as directed by leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Secondary education strongly preferred, such as college level business courses, professional project management coursework or certification, AAS or BA/BS degree.
- 1-3 years previous experience working on project-based work achieving delivery goals within established cost parameters.
- 1-3 years of previous experience working within a manufacturing or technical field preferred, but not required.
- Electronics background preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Ability to work autonomously, demonstrating high levels of curiosity, initiative to research options and potential solutions.
- Knowledge of and previous experience utilizing project management concepts and tools.
- Extensive knowledge and advanced skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, and ERP systems.
- Demonstrated level of attention to detail and accuracy with consistent record of producing high quality work.
- Ability, with prior experience preferred, to create and prepare flowcharts, schedules, step-by-step action plans, and reports tracking and measuring key project metrics.
- Ability to communicate openly with all levels, including company employees and leaders, vendors and suppliers, and customers. Willing and able to challenge respectfully when obstacles occur, to find collaborative solutions to meet customer demands while protecting the company and its employees.
- Strong time management skills are required in order to meet deadlines and effectively collaborate with customers and internal teams to deliver results within specified requirements and deliverables.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and other types of technical drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operational instructions, maintenance manuals, and procedures.
- Ability to willingly participate in a team environment to achieve departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to work with established deadlines.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard business hours to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional standing, bending, stooping, climbing, turning, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying required to interact with technicians on the floor, assessing inventory levels, preparing shipments, etc. Frequent computer work in a standing or seated position. Consistent attendance with occasional off-shift support required.
The work environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally, will work in a climate controlled, well-lit office environment. Occasionally spends time in non-climatized production or warehouse environment. May occasionally travel to customer or vendor sites or to attend off-site training.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Working under the guidance of the Operations Manager, supports operations by managing workflow throughout operations and support departments, expediting customer orders and escalating customer complaints. Assess business processes using continual improvement methodology to identify opportunities for improvement. Create and provide various operational reports, presentations, and data analysis for management.