ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Generates leads by monitoring business and industry that align with AES core services.
- Follows up on leads generated by internal staff, web services and/or external sources.
- Cold calls and networks to identify key decision makers with potential new customers.
- Develops a sales plan of targeted customers and industries that supports AES’s strategic objectives and as directed by leadership.
- Establishes daily, weekly, monthly and yearly sales plan, including number of calls, number of units, type of units, sales volume, margins, etc.
- Monitors progress to track success record and make corrective action to achieve closed sales.
- Demonstrates Company values on a consistent basis in every interaction with customers and internal support teams.
- Responds timely to customer requests/inquiries, providing detailed information from operations regarding delivery or quality concerns.
- Negotiates the terms of an agreement and closes sales, in conjunction with input from operations to ensure margins, delivery and quality specifications are well understood and communicated effectively.
- Partners with internal departments, such as Customer Service and Account Manager, to achieve flawless transition from new customer to solid business partner, effectively on-boarding new customer.
- Vets potential customers based on how their needs serve AES, ensuring a mutually beneficial partnership between the Company and customer.
- Attends staff meetings and other required meetings to discuss sales trends, issues, competitive activities, and opportunities to maximize sales efforts.
- Consistently achieves measurable results in the increase of new revenue through effective marketing and sales techniques.
- Attends industry trade shows to represent AES and enhance brand recognition. Performs other duties directed by leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Four-year degree in business or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
• 3-5 years of experience working in electronic, motor, hydraulic or other technical repair industry with a minimum of one year in a sales, account management or customer-facing role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Demonstrated technical knowledge about the services AES offers customers – electronic, electro-mechanical and other industrial repair services.
- Familiarity with electronic, electro-mechanical and industrial repair markets.
- Excellent ability to read and interpret customer needs, providing ideas about how AES’s services can help support their business.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels and functional areas of the business.
- Ability to handle job-related matters in a professional, diplomatic and confidential manner.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-driven and able to conduct business with minimal oversight/supervision. Strong initiative with a drive to excel is a requirement.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to successfully find information via the Internet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong listening skills.
- Ability to present ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to all levels of the company and to external customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent standing, bending, stooping, climbing, turning, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying required to perform disassembly, evaluation and repair tasks. Fine motor skills required to operate hand tools and equipment related to computer work, disassembly, evaluation and repair tasks. Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance. Occasional computer work in a standing or seated position. Consistent attendance with occasional off-shift support required.
The work environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally works in a climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally domestically 40-75% of the time.
We are looking for a Sales Representative to join our Sales Team in the Kingsport-Bristol TN area. This Sales Rep will be responsible for maintaining and growing accounts in the assigned territory.