Entry-Level Sales Representative (Hickory)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for transporting company and customer goods safely.
- Generates leads by developing and maintaining positive relationships with existing customers in the assigned region.
- Demonstrates Company values in every interaction with customers and internal support teams.
- Responds timely to customer requests/inquiries, providing information from operations regarding delivery or quality concerns.
- Partners with internal departments, such as Account Management, to effectively service customers.
- Communicates with sales team regarding sales trends, issues, competitive activities, and opportunities to maximize sales efforts.
- Performs other duties directed by leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years of experience working in electronic, motor, hydraulic or other technical repair industry with a minimum of one year in a sales, account management or customer-facing role preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Demonstrated technical knowledge about the services AES offers customers – electronic, electromechanical and other industrial repair services.
- Familiarity with electronic, electromechanical and industrial repair markets.
- Excellent ability to read and interpret customer needs, providing ideas about how AES’s services can help support their business.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels and functional areas of the business.
- Ability to handle job-related matters in a professional, diplomatic and confidential manner.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-driven and able to conduct business with minimal oversight/supervision. Strong initiative with a drive to excel is a requirement.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to successfully find information via the Internet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong listening skills.
- Ability to present ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to all levels of the company and to external customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment or computers.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Occasional bending, climbing, stooping in order to examine raw materials, work-in-progress and finished goods.
- Position requires ability to frequently travel to and from customer sites, including driving a motor vehicle and flying on commercial flights.
The work environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally works in a climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally domestically 75% of the time.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Services and maintains industrial electronic, motor, and hydraulic sales by building and maintaining relationships with existing accounts. Responsible for maintaining and growing the accounts in assigned territory.