Mechanical Technician - Entry Level
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists Technicians by performing basic mechanical duties, including cleaning, blasting, painting, etc.
- Meets with Technicians to determine daily and weekly work priorities and adjusts work activities accordingly.
- Performs simple operations such as drilling, tapping, deburring and surface conditioning using manual machinery and tools.
- Assists with machinery and job set-up by gathering tools and materials required by the Technician and/or job specifications.
- Attends to, cleans and observes equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
- Ensures all products are completed to production, quality and technical specification.
- Performs the duties of staging work for the Technicians. Pulls jobs for quote from staging area and obtains approval units from WAPP area and transfers to the Technicians’ workstation.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Participates in ongoing training and other company programs to develop leadership and job skills when available.
- Works side by side with team approximately 50-75% of time.
- Performs other duties as directed by leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience disassembling or assembly industrial/commercial machinery and/or equipment desired.
- Experience using an assortment of pneumatic and manual hand tools, as well as operating hoists, jacks, micrometers, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Requires the ability to read blueprints, schematics, and other types of drawings. - Must have strong self-initiative. - Must have strong attention to detail skills. - Ability to willingly participate in a team environment to achieve departmental and organizational goals and objectives. - Ability to work with established deadlines. - Flexibility to work outside of standard business hours to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent standing at a workstation or designated area to perform job duties which includes frequent bending, stooping, climbing, turning, twisting and standing. Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance. Occasional computer work. Consistent attendance with occasional off-shift support required.
The work environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Generally, will work in a climate controlled, well-lit machine shop environment. May occasionally travel to customer or vendor sites or to attend off-site training.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
####Salary Description $15-$20 / hour
This position is an entry level position who will focus on disassembly, tear down, evaluation and cleaning of mechanical repairs. In this position, you will be able to learn from Repair Technicians who have 25+ years experience in the industry. You will have the opportunity to further your skill set and grow within the Mechanical Repair Department.