ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clean and sanitize all common areas including restrooms, lobby’s, and break areas.
- Stock all supplies for restrooms and break areas including paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap, coffee, condiments, etc.
- Clean all appliances including microwaves, toasters, refrigerators, and ice machines.
- Vacuum all carpeted offices, hallways, lobby’s, and other areas regularly.
- Sweeps and mops common areas including restrooms, lobby’s, hallways, offices, and break areas.
- Empty trash cans and dispose of them using the garbage compactor or dumpster.
- Maintains stock of cleaning supplies. Notifies purchasing of low stock levels.
- Clean windows and mirrors.
- Dust furniture, walls, and various equipment.
- Replace light bulbs and ceiling tiles as needed.
- Performs other duties as directed by leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Commercial Cleaning and/or Janitorial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed. Ability to work independently as well as be an active member of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent standing and walking to perform cleaning.
- Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or 10 pounds frequently.
- Ability to move between departments to interact with others.
- Occasional bending, stooping and walking.
- Consistent attendance with occasional off-shift support required.
- Occasional travel equivalent to less than 5% of the time.
The work environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently works in an office, manufacturing, or warehouse environment, some of which are not climate controlled.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Performs a variety of maintenance and housekeeping related tasks to maintain the cleanliness of the facility.