ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the management of all financial activities to include budgeting, cash flow, asset management, banking relationships, financial statements and reporting.
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets and ensure substantiating documentation will be following GAAP, federal and state obligations.
- Participate in developing new business by reviewing prospective contracts, identifying funding opportunities, determining cost effectiveness and creating budgets.
- Provides strategic financial leadership and support on the evaluation of potential acquisitions, mergers, investments, and/or other issues affecting the business.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and support month and year end closing process.
- Supervise administration and implementation of all accounting systems to ensure accurate and timely information.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of monthly and annual budgets and report variances to department leadership.
- Leads and develops staff in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and purchasing functions.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Represent the company at legislative sessions, to financial partners and at formal functions.
- Performs additional tasks/duties as directed by leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 5+ years of proven work experience in accounting or related field with managerial experience in an organization of at least 50 employees.
- CPA or CMA designation preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Advanced critical thinking, business acumen and problem resolution skills required.
- Understanding of economic principles, financial analysis, accounting functions, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Requires a high-level of proficiency with all Microsoft applications, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Requires effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to communicate financial information into sound business language so people of all levels can understand. Proficient business writing required.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills and capacity for managing and leading people.
- Must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to willingly participate in a team environment to achieve departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment or computers.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Occasional bending, climbing, stooping in order to examine raw materials, work-in-progress and finished goods.
- Position requires ability to frequently travel to and from customer sites, including driving a motor vehicle and flying on commercial flights.
The work environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally works in a climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally domestically 75% of the time.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Leads and manages all aspects of financial management for the company including accounting, budget planning, and development of internal control policies and procedures. Oversees all accounting operations of the company and guides financial decisions for the organization.