ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prototypes, validates, and troubleshoots system installations. Designs, develops, and reviews schematics, systems, equipment, fixtures, and other technical requirements. · Prototypes, validates, and troubleshoots system installations. · Performs engineering investigations of failed electronic components and systems. · Determine requirements and technical specifications for modifications and/or purchase of new equipment. · Develops and maintains procedures for maintaining automated test equipment, new capability development, and process improvement. · Prepares and reviews engineering and technical analyses, reports, and other technical documentation. · Reviews technical publication deficiency reports and updates publications. · Provides recommendations, designs, and reports for final actions, review, and follow-up. · Reviews existing and/or development of new systems and tooling calibration/maintenance procedures. · Evaluates new and existing products for optimum test and process methods to achieve customer and company quality requirements. · Develops, documents, implements, and provides training on various test platforms and processes for PCBs and subassemblies test/repair/re-manufacturing/refurbishment programs. · Conducts system functionality testing, commissioning, troubleshooting, and reporting. · Create studies, reports, specifications requirements, and test plans. · Creates, writes, and implements preventative and corrective maintenance on test and IT equipment (hardware and software). · Provides technical and non-technical support for all levels of staff. · Procures equipment and components as required to support the various repair departments. · Investigates and resolves test and repair issues with timely solutions to increase the quality and efficiency of production. · Ensures product can be produced safety, efficiently, with a high-quality yield, and within budget. · Advises colleagues on technical specifications, requirements, and considerations for project proposals. · Apply engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, develop, implement, test, and evaluate projects within the electronic engineering discipline. · Designs and tests power electronic converters (AC-DC, DC-AC, DC-DC) from 1 kW to 150 kW. · Designs and tests high speed motor drives. · Designs, implements, and tests advanced digital control algorithms, digital filters, and the general control of power electronics systems. · Designs and tests power stages, sensor electronics, and gate drives circuits for SiC and GaN semiconductors. · Creates software coding for test benches automation and test data storage. · Travels on-site to customer locations to evaluate projects, install repaired equipment and troubleshoot, as well as provide on-site repair and engineering services. · Documents test methods and procedures; prepare and maintain technical documentation as per ISO. · Calibrates and tests existing and new equipment. · Analyzes customer requirements and specifications. · Maintains a clean and organized work area. · Engages with vendors and customers with a positive attitude. · Provides additional backup support for repair technicians. · Performs other duties as directed by leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· AAS degree or BS engineering degree preferred or equivalent combination of relevant technical experience. · Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, Professional Engineer (PE) License a plus. · Minimum of 5-8 years of engineering work experience related to performing the Duties & Responsibilities of this position is required. · Experience creating and analyzing written reports and statistical data. · Intermediate MS Office skills required; advanced skills helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
· Thorough understanding of theory and application of electronics and electro-mechanical devices. · Strong knowledge of control systems and be able to independently evaluate and modify the system designs. · Proficiency with Takaya, GenRad, AutoCad, and Lab View program development. · Competent in component identification and schematic interpretation and application. · Basic understanding of ISO 9000:2001, IPC-A-610, Best Practices, HSE, ESD Control programs, and related OSHA regulations. · Self-management and initiative demonstrable by the ability to perform most assignments after receiving instructions and expectations only. · Ability to assist in training, orientation, and work assignments of other employees. · Ability to convey complex ideas and issues in a clear, concise, and understandable manner; ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels and cross functionally. · Outstanding analytical, organizational, and troubleshooting skills. · Attention to detail, passion for excellence, and commitment to customer success. · Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn, teach, and improve. · Ability to use common hand tools safely. · Ability and knowledge to work safely around electrical equipment and controls at all voltage levels. · Ability to follow oral and written policies, procedures, and instructions. · Strong interpersonal skills essential. · Personal accountability and integrity are paramount, as this position interacts with employees, customers, suppliers, and other business partners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. -Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds without assistance, over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking on the production floor.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Frequent computer work.
- Consistent attendance with occasional off-shift support required.
- Occasional travel equivalent to no more than 25% of the time.
The work environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally works in a climate-controlled environment.
- Occasionally works at a desk or workbench.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Hands-on engineering role, focused on the conception of test equipment, automation of electronic test equipment, the development of test procedures, the analysis of test results and the conception of electronic circuits. Participates in the development of new products and provides technical expertise to electronic and mechanical technicians and business leaders.